watermelon memories
Monday, February 14, 2005
  i'm not in the mood to make up a title
there are things i know about myself. i'm smart, talented, a hard worker (when it suits me), and a good listener (also when it suits me.) i also know i don't take compliments well. i have over time learned to smile and say thanks instead of arguing the point or countering with one of my many flaws. but if one were to look closely, behind the smile, they might catch the sadness in the recesses of my eyes. sadness that is left from the ghosts of my past. ghosts that still haunt me...creeping from the shadows of my mind to pick at the scabs of my tattered soul.

i can't remember what compelled me to write the above passage. i can't even say for sure what night it was that i scribbled those words into my blog post journal. i have some vague recollection of writing it and thinking that i would finish it the next morning. as you can see that didn't quite happen and now i have no clue where i was headed. i decided to post it anyway b/c well...i needed something to do and most of the blogs i read on a regular basis were left unattended today.

as for my night at the seedy redneck bar, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. in fact compared to the other nights i've been out and about in this town, it was rather enjoyable. i might even go again at somepoint but don't hold me to that.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
tales of my nomadic lifestyle and other meandering thoughts.

Name:
Location: a stone's throw from detroit, United States
Archives
July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]